Losing one or more teeth doesn’t have to spell the end of your healthy, beautiful, natural-looking smile.
At Batavia Family Dental, we’ve rejuvenated many patients’ smiles and protected their oral health for future years with dental implants.
Did you know… if you happen to lose just one tooth due to gum disease, decay, or trauma, neighboring teeth will shift, potentially causing a change in the way your teeth fit together. This could create pain and affect enjoyment of your favorite foods. It could also cause a change of facial structure and, depending on the location of the tooth loss, cause difficulty speaking. For most people, a gap in their smile also means a sharp decline in self-esteem.
We have an excellent way to get you off the slippery slope and return you to optimum oral health … and it’s by placing a dental implant.
An implant is a replacement tooth root and crown that permanently replaces the lost tooth – or teeth.
Here are a few of the numerous benefits to dental implants …
- Save your smile. By getting implants immediately after tooth loss, you can prevent bone loss and maintain – or even improve – your facial appearance.
- Enjoy eating your favorite foods just like you did with your natural teeth (or maybe even more). Pain or discomfort won’t get in your way!
- Speak clearly. Since implants don’t slip, click, or shift, you’ll deliver your next speech or have a one-on-one conversation with well-founded confidence.
- Restore self-esteem. With a complete smile, you are much more likely to share it with those around you.
- Easy care. There are no special instructions for caring for your implant(s). Your excellent home care and regular professional hygiene visits are all you need.
When properly cared for, implants can last for many years. Risk factors that can affect longevity are related to poor homecare, irregular dental appointments, and illnesses such as diabetes.
In a questionnaire sent out to 587 patients, eight to fourteen years after their procedures.
- Of the 400 individuals who responded, a great majority (81 percent) indicated that they experienced high chewing comfort. The mean time elapsed since implant installation was 10 years.
- Fully 94 percent of those answering the survey said that they were satisfied or sufficiently satisfied with the aesthetic aspects of their implant restorations.
Have you recently lost a tooth? Do you know someone who has gaps in their smile they want to close? Call now to book a consultation and exam. We’ll examine your unique dental health and overall health and discuss dental implant options with you. We’re a caring team of dental professionals who will help you decide if a dental implant is right for your smile!
For excellence in dental implant placement and restoration from a compassionate staff committed to your comfort, well-being, and beautiful, healthy smile, call Batavia Family Dental for an appointment. Those looking to replace missing teeth in Batavia, NY are always welcome at our full-service, state-of-the-art dental office, located at 6 Batavia City Centre. Please contact us today. We accept most insurances.
Yours in excellent dental health,
Dr. Steve Sokolovskiy, Batavia Family Dental
P.S. According to a National Institutes of Health (NIH) study, 90 percent of the dental-implant patients surveyed rated the procedure as “good” or “excellent.”